The mighty fine '69

Dear Bob,

I do not own a '69, but I own a '71 and another fuselage car, and
bodywise the weakest area of these cars is the area right below the
backlight, or rear window on either side-- particularly up under the
vinyl in those corners.  The design looks great, but water gets trapped
there and rusts that area out quickly.  You can always open the trunk
and look up under there with a flashlight.

The 69s were great but had a number of quality control problems, so I'm
told.  Most of these were probably fixed shortly after they were bought,
but the most common problems were leaks and things like trim items
coming off or not being there in the first place.

But they are the best looking of the fuselage years (in my opinion) and
the ride is great, so good luck.

MM