clock

Has anyone had any luck replacing the clock in a 64-66 with something =
that works, and if so, what?

Thanks.

Joel Tufford
66 Crown Coupe
First thing you want to do is take the original clock out of the dash. Two
things to be very careful of. #1 : DON"T LOOSE TK
HE KNOB AND SET SCREW! They are very small and you want to keep them in a
safe place. #2 : Whem pulling out the dashboard assembly, you must first
drop or lower the steering column. If you don't, you will scratch all the
paint off the steering column on the top trying to remove the front panel
of the dashboard. There is a company in the Midwest I used to repair mine
for under $50.00. I can try and find the receipt, but I think it was
called The Clockworks. Anyway, two trains of thought on repair: You can go
quartz movement or you can go original snd get that great sound in your
car that only an old clock will make (remember that sound ?). Anyway, my
idea on the subject was you could always go to quartz movement, but while
you can get it repaired original, why not do it while the parts are still
available ? That's the way I went and turnaround time was one week and it
worked perfectly. I couldn't be happier. Ok, found the card, They are
called the clockworks (24 hour turnaround time stated on card). Phone
number 715-479-5759 or www.clockwks.com.  Ask others on the list but I was
happy with them. This is Bob Siliani (Giving Back) to the IML Site. Take
Care. 66 Imperial LeBaron (Soon to get a major heart operation).