Re: RE: IML: "Black Plate"

Black plates are the original license plates issued to car. I had a 57 Chebby a
long time that came with its original front and back black plates. This was
when I lived in CA. I believe they are called black plates, because they were
actually black with yellow numbers/letters up to 1958 when they were reversed
and became yellow with black numbers/letters in CA. I have a vintage 1957 FLA
license plate that I bought a while back. That one is white with dark blue
numbers/letters. I am now looking for a 1958 FLA plate for my Imperial. In FLA
it is legal to register a car with antique plates. An option that I will
explore in the future. Bye for now.

Doug
1958 Crown coupe