Brake Shoe to Drum Clearance, Was M/C Cap-55 Imp

Brake Shoe to Drum Clearance, Was M/C Cap-55 Imp

Greetings:
     With out the proper tool, the only other way I know of to set the
heel & toe is,
grind a hole in the outer circumference of the drum, near the contact
surface of the drum which would accept a feeler gauge.

      At that point, it is trial & error, turning
the excentric bolt & adjustment cam, checking for the specified heel &
toe  clearance frequently  with the feeler gauge.

Jim
(Never underestimate the intelligence of a shade tree mechanic.   :)