Spark plug wire number 7 (or 8)

On one of my 68's, the plug wire of the rear cylinder on the driver side
bank came loose while driving.  I think the reason is because I did not
push it in properly when I installed it.  I can't access it from above to
push it hard enough.  The question is, is there another way that works with
this plug wire?  I tried to reach it from under the car after removing a
sheet metal cover, no way.  Is it more accessible under the fender after
removing the front tire?  Before I spend the time and effort and time
trying, I hope I can get some suggestions from people that have faced this
problem before for 67 and 68's...

Thanks

D^2, 2x68s