64 crown trim

Well, I signed up for an autobody class this summer to help me work on my
Imperial.  My goal is to have the car painted by the end of the class (it
runs end of may through beginning of April), so this is rather ambitious,
especially for me.  I am trying to get a head start on things and do as
much prior to the class as I can.  This morning I went out to start
removing trim, and discovered that I have no idea how to remove some of the
pieces.

There is a nut that holds the trim ring around the grill half that I can't
figure out how to get to (actually there are two, but a previous owner was
kind enough to leave the top one off for me).  The one I can't get to is on
the fender side on the bottom.  I can feel the nut, but I can't get
anything to it to be able to loosen it.  Is it necessary to remove the
bumper to get to it? or is there some other trick?

Also, the strips that run from front to back along the fenders and doors,
how do you get to the nuts that hold them on?  I am assuming that I can get
the ones on the door by removing the door panels and having the windows up,
but I don't see any way to get to the nuts on the front fenders (I haven't
checked the trunk to see if I can get to the ones on the back yet, I am
waiting for it to dry out before attempting anything in there).

Thanks for your help

Mark Elliott
64 Crown 4d