Power Vent Windows

Having received the new Power Vent Window Gear from Electrolite, which arrived several days after I placed my order, I followed instructions to remove the motor and fit it with the new gear and a healthy dose of White Lithium Grease.

In the process, as always, something else happened:

There is a chrome yoke type affair that connects the Power Vent Window motor to the window. It is a ball shaped device with a hole through the ball at right angles to the axle. This fits over the flat axle from the vent with two half round pieces, one on each side, holding the whole thing together. Well, of course, mine became disconnected and although I saved the pieces and managed, (not easily), to put it all back together, now I am sure it's going to fall off again. There is nothing holding it together.

Is there a part missing? Is there a correct way to do this? I figure that is was supposed to stay together and for some reason it didn't.

EdH
'68 LeBaron FDHT
http://homepage.mac.com/printbear/PhotoAlbum3.html