Power Vent Windows

Is there now a supplier of these power vent window gears?  Who is
Electrolite?

Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 20:37:45 -0400
Subject: IML: Power Vent Windows
From: Print Bear <prntbear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--Apple-Mail-28-501704895

Having received the new Power Vent Window Gear from Electrolite, which
arrived several days after I placed my order, I followed instructions
to remove the motor and fit it with the new gear and a healthy dose of
White Lithium Grease.

In the process, as always, something else happened:

There is a chrome yoke type affair that connects the Power Vent Window
motor to the window. It is a ball shaped device with a hole through the
ball at right angles to the axle. This fits over the flat axle from the
vent with two half round pieces, one on each side, holding the whole
thing together. Well, of course, mine became disconnected and although
I saved the pieces and managed, (not easily), to put it all back
together, now I am sure it's going to fall off again. There is nothing
holding it together.

Is there a part missing? Is there a correct way to do this? I figure
that is was supposed to stay together and for some reason it didn't.

EdH
'68 LeBaron FDHT
http://homepage.mac.com/printbear/PhotoAlbum3.html
--Apple-Mail-28-501704895