matched belts

Kerry & Charles,

According to my local parts guy, they do make matched belts, you just have to
find a store that knows what you're talking about.  He showed me a number on
the belt that I believe is the batch number-- it's not the part #, but a # in
smaller print beside it-- that you need to match up in order to have matched
belts.

Again, according to him, there can be very, very slight differences in length
b/n 2 belts with the same part #, because of the batch, when they were made,
how old they are, etc.  I guess this is only important if you are using them
on a double pulley (?).

I guess the advice I would have is find a store that specializes or seems to
have a lot of parts for old cars, or ask them to let you check the batch #s.

Mark