Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 6:36 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 67 Imp

Hi group,
  I took a look at the 67 Imperial that Mark had mentioned last week in San
Leandro, Calif. It is in fact a LeBaron, not a coupe. Anyway, the owner is
very anxious to sell, currently asking $1500 but I would bet he will take
less. He did start the car for me, it sounded quiet, he said he didn't want
to run it very long, as it was just about out of gas and he could not afford
to put any more in apparently.
  The car needs help cosmetically. Body actually very decent, but the
biggest problem is rust underneath the vinyl top and below the rear window.
Fixable for sure for the ambitious among us. Interior fair, front seat would
need rebuilding. An aftermarket turn signal switch has been added, and not
very nicely. Those are the main problems that I could see. Again, I did not
drive it, so there might be more issues. Currently registered, I believe he
had the brake master cylinder replaced. Some vacuum leaks under the dash.
Tires good. Glass good. Not sure if all the windows or seats work. Lots of
cigarette butts in the ashtray.
  I would consider the car, but just purchased a 67 Thunderbird 4Door Landau
which will keep me busy for awhile. If anyone is further interested, I can
pass on his phone number either thru the list or privately. Also, I would be
willing to check things further if someone is serious.

  Thomas Gunnari
  59,63,65 Imps