New Toy

Just arrived today...

My sidepipes!

55 inches long (not including inlet and outlet), 3"
OD.... internal muffler...

On the way here: 2 2.5" cats, asst piping, hangers,
clamps, y-pipe, etc.

The sidepipes come together pretty well. However
mounting the sidepipes on the car are a whole other
story. Basically the kit comes with 4 normal U-clamps
and 4 hangers. One u-clamp goes on each inlet, outlet,
and hold the inlets, outlets, and pipes together. One
hanger bolts on each clamp, and then the hangers
attach to the side of the car.

However the hangers are normal exhaust hangers- and
are good for stuff under the car- but stuff mounted at
an angle on the rockers??? Forget it- ain't gonna
happen (well.. it could, but I'd have about 3-4" of
clearance under the pipes between my pipes and the
road!).

So I'm gonna have to bend each hanger so the thing
sits out and at an angle- so that the pipes are
parralle to the bottom of the doors, and as high up on
the rockers as possible without getting in the way
from the doors or people getting in/out of the car.

I thought the 3" pipes would be a bit big for the ol'
3.3 (even if blown)- but, ends up the pipes are 2.5"
inside- so my whole exhaust system (will soon be dual)
will be 2.5".

Also got the wood for my custom centre console. Picked
wood over metal or plastic because this is an interior
piece, and I'm really good at wood working. When done,
I'll put viennier over it, stain it to match the dash
wood-grain, and I'll have a centre console which is
better looking then any ever made from the factory or
a after market shop. Also going to relocate my shifter
down there- so it looks like a stick 3.3.... also move
over the e-brake and make an e-brake handle
assembly.....

Now all I gotta do is get my hands on some bucket seat
covers, so I can cut apart my 50/50 bench and have
room for the center console. Will be nice...

Will cut the wood tomorrow. Amazing how much I can fit
in the back of a Dynasty.... 3 almost 4" by 3" 1/5"
plywood sections, scrap wood, tools....