From: "Dick Benjamin" <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 68, R134 conversion

I converted my 55 Hudson about 3 years ago, and my 56 Packard about 2 years
ago - both are still cooling well.

My son converted his 94 Jeep about 3 years ago also, and it is still working
well.

In all of these conversions, I first vacuumed the system and checked for
leaks - and fixed the ones I found.  I did not replace the original hoses
(they were not leaking).  I had a bad evaporator valve (leaker) in the
Hudson, my son had dumped the R-12 by mistake as he was pulling his engine
for a rebuild, and the Packard has apparently a very slow leak (like 3 or 4
years to go down) which I have been unable to find.    The 134 doesn't seem
to make it any worse.   I drove the Packard today, and ran the AC, as it was
a very warm day, and it's still cooling fine.

Dick Benjamin