Sent: April 27, 2003 8:22 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 68, R134 conversion

Not having fixed my AC in my car yet (I'm in Los Angeles, it doesn't get
hot enough to use it) I've perused the web for a low-cost option for
R134 etc.

R12 has the disadvantage of being banned (something about ozone
depleting) and expensive. R134 has the disadvantage of being inefficient
and toxic.  It appears tht the HC-12a is the best solution, it's a
hydrocarbon blend which is more efficient, cheaper and non-toxic. The
higher efficiency means that you need to use LESS of it to aquire the
same results, this translates to lower cost. It also requires no
retrofitting of seals and hoses so it's a straight dropin replacement.

Carl
http://www.robdiesel.com