Car buying scam???

Someone has found one of my ads and agreed to buy the car.  He lives in Tunisia and supposedly is owed money by a friend in the US.  What he wants to do is have his friend send me $7K via US cashiers check and me send the balance (4K) to the shipper.  I have told him that I would do this AFTER the cashiers check is sent for collection and cleared the bank.

This smells a little funny to me and I'm concerned about counterfeit cashiers checks.  Sending it for collection makes me safe but...

Any comments on car buying scams that sound like this?

KerryP
Patch panels fabricated
Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx
dte.net/57imperial
Imperials -- 50 Limo, 57 roadster, 61's, 62, 68 Convert, 73, a 66 300 and a bunch of lesser marques