Car buying scam???

The exact same thing happened to me, but I remembered someone else telling aobut this scam, and I did not bite.  Mine came from South Africa, and was about a car that needs a whale of a lot of work.  Keep on your toes.  What they do is send yo a big cashiers check, and demand change.  It takes a while but their check is returned as no good, and you will be out your "change", if you fork it over.

John