ac conversions

I have a book published by hjc ac supply co. This
contains most of the info that you will need to know
to convert any domestic system to r134a from r12. I
did the conversion on my 1981 dodge D150 and it works
great. They give info on the replacement of the EPR
valve at comp inlet if necessary. The only thing I
found in doing my job was that they say that Chrysler
used two different valves,one being pressure
adjustable and the other not. I found that there are
two non adjustable types. I went to a wrecking yard
and found an adjustable type. I got a bargain as I
only paid five bucks for it. I beleive that if you go
to a parts store and look in ac catalogs for EPR vales
that the one listed for Ford applications is also the
correct one for Chrysler but is not listed because it
is set for a different pressure. To give you an idea
how my system works,the first time I set the valve I
had outlet temp at 29 degrees,too cold as evaporator
would freeze. I had to readjust the valve and now am
getting 45 degrees. I am thinking about resetting it
to get 40 or so. Hope this helps some of you.