1939 eBay Carburetor

Greetings:
     I was recently high bidder for a new
Stromberg AAV-2 carburetor for my 1939
Custom Imperial Limousine.  The cost was an astounding  $35.00. After
going through the eBay maze plus three e-mails
& a phone call from me, the seller, after six days notified me, "The bid
was not acceptable" & also, "This Carb would sell for $250.00 on the
market as it is a very rare carb." In addition he said, "Thanks for the
bid. Excuse my misunderstanding of the auction site."
    My question is,  is ignorance a legitimate excuse for voiding a
valid
contract?  Also, as a not to bright inter-
net operator, where do I find the proper channel on eBay to alert them
of the conflict?
     I realize, this is an "Iffy"  post for the IML and ask please,
PLEASE do your cut & paste exercise & do not start a thread
I'll be sorry for. PLEASE reply PRIVATELY!
     Hope to see many of you in Monterey
for the Calif. State Imperial meet this weekend

Jim 1939 Custom Imperial Limousine C24
jcmartin@xxxxxxxxx