From: Bob Smith
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: IML: e-mail overload and Rules reminder

[Jeff has a good point.  For those of you who think "I only sent one message, lighten up!", remember if only one fourth of the list sends "only one message", it soon clogs the List.  The "Imperial Rose" thread is one.  I realize it has the word "Imperial" in the message but it's not relevant to cars so it doesn't belong here.

Nor do messages meant to reply to one person and the sender clicks on "reply" without removing the IML address and substituting the intended recipient's address, then sending an "apology" to the entire list.  That's 2 sets of messages sent to everyone that wasn't necessary.  Learn how to use the functions of the computer.]

Bob

Jeff Ingraham <jeff_ingraham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Folks,
The Iml admin folks are starting to get messages
complaining about the huge overload of off topic, one
line, and or personal messages coming through. seems
like between Dodge pickups, diesel cooling systems,
gardening tips, personal messages, and one line
messages, it is very hard to keep up!
PLEASE PLEASE try to follow the rules.

***** Think before you send a message ******
"Is this Imperial related?"
"Is this something that all 5-600 folks need to read?"
or
"Would it be better to send this private"
We are in danger of losing folks who are unable or
unwilling to wade through 150 messages in a day or 2.

Here are the short list of rules;

IML Rules of Etiquette, written by the IML
Administrators, January 1999.

SHORT LIST OF DO'S:

1. Everything here is Imperial focused... keep it so.
(If you feel it is not, take it to the Salon. )
2. CHANGE your su bject line, probably every time you
post!
3. Trim your posts, and use plain text.
4. Respect other people and their cars!
5. Diversity is our strength - this is a worldwide,
multi cultural club!

<cut>

Do you Yahoo!?