Jim's digital dash progress

Jim,

I'm still confused.  I have a 90 Le Baron which has the
same digital dash that the Imps had.

I don't understand what you mean by back lit LEDs?  I thought
the lights were just a bunch of LED segments.  When you start the car
the whole dash comes alive, and then it quickly runs thru a
sequence where each segment lights separately.

I am wondering if you meant back lit "LCDs" where the different
colors are just on a panel, and the LCDs block the back lighting
except where the segments need to show light.  Then, that would
make sense, and I could see what you mean by two separate sets
of lights, one for daytime and one for nighttime.

I always assumed that the 'glow' at night was from the LED segments
lighting up.

You got me curious, and I will try to take a good look at mine.

Oh, and as far as the metric/English conversion.  Mine worked fine
when I first got the car a couple of years ago, now nothing happens
when I push the button, AND I cannot set the trip odometer any more.
I'll bet its a dirty contact on the printed wiring board. I don't have
the
trip computer, just the 'Message Center' that warns of doors ajar and
headlight out.  (Handy actually.)

Hmmmmm.  LCDs or LEDs hmmmmm?

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY USA