No Subject

 Ron G asked about the fuel display on an 81.

1  If your car has the factory/dealer carb conversion installed you
   should retain all the functionality of the original readouts.  The
   kit contained a Fuel Flow Sensor which is located just in front
   of the carb for that purpose.  See the photos of my car on the site at:
   The entire Chrysler retrofit manual is also posted at:

   If you do NOT have a factory conversion, there is no way of
   telling what you will see in the readout for MPG, or Distance.

2  If you do have a factory/dealer conversion, the readouts might
   still not work correctly.  (Mine works intermittently but usually
   reads 99.9 mpg.)
   One possible cause is a faulty Flow Meter.  There are OEM
   replacements available from FloScan.  They have a web page.
   The cost is $100.00  You can find details in the archives.

3  The readout always defaults to fuel left.  When above 14 gallons
    it will read FULL.  Below that it will indicate how many gallons
   left all the way down to zero.  At 2 gallons left the readout starts
   to flash on and off and will display LOW.  (Don't be too alarmed,
   as when the gauge reads zero, there is supposed to be
   approximately 2 gallons left as a safety factor.
   (I have driven a few miles with it at 0 more than once!)

The time and date are set with two round buttons up underneath the top
of the dash that hangs out over the radio.  Right under the trip computer
buttons.  They are on the left side.  You'll see 'em.  Then all you need to
do is feel for them later on as they are sunken.

Hope this helps.

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx