Fuel Flow sensor on 80s

Rob asked:

>Dan,
>
>I know you were dealing with the new Flow Meter. Did you install a new one
>and still have the intermittent problem?  Is it something else?  I've got
>plenty wrong with mine right now, but I'm looking to get the mpg feature
>working long term.

Rob - No, did not buy a new Flow Meter yet.

I took mine apart, but did not disassemble it all the way.
All I ended up seeing is the chamber and gasket that
fuel flows into.

The guy from FloScan said that there is a small turbine
that spins and sends a signal.  I did not open that side
of the meter, as it looks like would need a spanner wrench.

Maybe since my car is 'dead' in the garage I'll pull it apart
again.  I at least want to try fixing it before I spend the dough.

(BTW Ron G e-mailed me and confirmed that he has a 2bbl
carb, but didn't mention if it was the factory retrofit.)

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx