Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 12:45 PM
Subject: IML: Infinity speakers

I am also a member of the Riviera list, similar in concept to the IML.  A member of that list sent this request concerning Infinity speakers from an early '90s Imperial.  I know nothing about this system, but thought I'd do the guy a favor by forwarding it to the IML in case someone here can answer the question.

<Anybody out there familiar with the Chrysler Infinity systems on a '92 Imperial?  One of my speakers has gone bad--I verified by swapping it side to side.  The crackling changed sides.

>I want to replace these door speakers--they have four leads: black, red, grey and green.  I found some 5 X 7, 4 ohms, 75 watt speakers at Radio Shack.  The RS clerk told me to hook up the grey and green wires, that the others were for a hot wire and ground and these speakers didn't need them.

>I took out the old speakers and installed one of the new ones, as the clerk said.  Now only my rear speakers work (it's a 6-speaker system.  Can anyone give me some advice?  Will I need to use powered speakers?

Thanks for giving this guy some guidance.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1972 Buick Riviera
1983 Chrysler Cordoba