Sloppy Steering

Thanks to everyone who responded.

One thing I left out is, my car is a relatively low mileage vehicle--
about 73k.  So I'm doubtful it would need a front end rebuild . . .

Also, the car doesn't really "wander" at highway speeds.  (I define
"wandering" as drifting from left to right without any input from the
driver.)  My car will stick to a straight line fine-- it's just that
while you're holding that line you can move the wheel back & forth maybe
2-3 inches and not see much result.  It's not bad, but my other '68 is a
lot tighter, and so are other Imperials/Chryslers I've driven.

I will check all the things mentioned, though.  Thanks again, guys!!

Mark