Package Tray Restoration; was re: 66 Coupe Rear Window motor & Mouse Uri

Package Tray Restoration; was re: 66 Coupe Rear Window motor & Mouse Urine

--- Chris Lynch <creesto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> vinyl. And can anyone recommend a supplier for the
> material to restore the package tray?

Chris,

Take a piece of the fabric from the package tray with
you and visit some fabric stores.  Ask them for
outdoor furniture fabric.  I found some at a fabric
store here in Chattanooga last year that was almost an
exact match for my package tray.

It's very easy to glue the new fabric onto the package
tray with some 3-M spray adhesive (available at
WalMart or any auto parts store).  If the cardboard
part of the tray is cracked or broken, first glue on
some plain fabric (I used a piece of an old bed
sheet), then attach the outdoor furniture fabric over
that.  Then you can just spray paint the whole thing,
and it will look like new!  You can have a paint shop
mix a can to the original color, or you can probably
find something pretty close at WalMart or wherever.

The spray paint works really well, by the way.  The
outdoor furniture fabric I found was pink and white
striped!  But a couple of coats of Midnight Blue
Metallic spray paint made it all look like it was the
original thing.  :o)

Good luck!

Elijah