66 Coupe Rear Window motor & Mouse Urine

66 Coupe Rear Window motor & Mouse Urine

There are two ways to deal with mouse urine smell.
Wash it out or seal it out.

Clean out all contaminated insulation, cardboard
liners, etc. and discard.  (But plan on replacing with
new stuff.)  All metal surfaces can be vacuumed clean
then washed with a bleach solution.  (As can the
canvas panel, in a weak solution.)  Everything that is
not visible when the interior is installed should get
a solid coating of spray shellac. This will seal the
affected areas that are difficult to wash - like
wiring, seat frames, and the backing on the upholstery
which can all hold odor.  If air cannot get to it, you
will not smell it.   Shellac dries in minutes and can
be cleaned with alcohol.

(Note:  On my wagon - which was delivered with a
family of mice living in it - I stripped out the
interior completely.  Then I got all the loose stuff
off the floor, and painted a thick layer of roofing
asphalt over everything.  On top of that went a layer
of felt, followed by new insulation.  Floors were now
waterproof and soundproof.  With not even a hint of
mouse smell.)

The seats in your car are almost all leather, even the
side panels.  Matching vinyl is used on door panels
and other trim.   Check the IML "how-to" section about
repairing, restoring and re-dying leather.

Chris H.

60 NY T&C
66 Crown Convertible
66 LeBaron