From: A. Foster
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: IML: composition of plastics on a '68

Mark;
 Probably what it means is that the plastic repair kit won't stick to either
one of those types of plastic. Can't speak for the moulding on your seat but
the plastic parts you describe in the trunk sound like polyethylene and
there aren't too many things that will fix that short of welding or
replacing it. The polyethylene is probably vacumn molded so it likely could
be reproduced if you went to the right plastics place.
 Many plastic interior mouldings from then, and even today, were actually
made from A.B.S plastic which can be glued with pipe cement. The only test
that I can think of is a solvent test on the back side, where it won't show
using the aforementioned glue.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.