composition of plastics on a '68

Mark,
The piece in the trunk covering the tail lghts is indeed either
polypropylene, polyethylene or some other close cousin, that cannot be glued.
You can tell
because it has a sort of waxy texture when it is cleaned. Mine was cracked
down the area of the screw holes and I held it in place by putting large fender
washers under the screws and carefully pulled it together before I tightened
the screws. It looked satisfactory and stayed in place until I found a
replacement.

Roy
6 Crown FDHT

In a message dated 5/26/2003 1:22:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,