Front-end Rebuilding

The front end is not difficult, just that you require patience and a few
special tools. You should have a hydraulic press for bushings. A suitable
one can be purchased for around $100-150.00 and you will use it regularly
for all kinds of things(u joints come to mind). You will also need a tie rod
separator(pickle fork) which is $20.00 or so.And some good general hand
tools. Compare the cost of the tools against what a shop would charge and
one will see you will wind up with a front end that YOU know was done
correctly and also be in possesion of said tools plus valuable experience. I
want to do the front end of my 72 IMP this summer,specifically the control
arm bushings. Already did the rear suspension, idler arm and strut bushings.
One thing I have found over the years is don't set deadlines for the project
that are not flexible.If something unexpected pops up(it will)take it all in
stride and talk to people(this is a great place)about the problem. Somebody
has run into a similar problem somewhere along the way. There is definitely
no magic to it.As far as poly bushings go one of the mopar muscle magazines
recently did an article on lower control arms and they were not using poly
on that item.They did not recommend against it, just felt more comfortable
with the standard type on this critical piece.These magazines can be really
good reference for parts and projects as big muscle mopars used  very
similar components as the big IMP and C bodies. Parts I have purchased so
far have all been from local suspension shop or parts wholesaler(MOOG,TRW).