Neutral safety switch on a 57?

Gosh, I feel silly even posing the question to such notable list
personalities as Philippe and Kerry but does the 1957 even have a neutral
safety switch?  I don't think so.  It has a neutral starter switch which is
not the same thing.  A previous owner installed a seperate starter button on
mine and the engine can be started in any gear you like.  The neutral button
still starts the car, too.

Hugh