Torqueflite drives only in R ! (2)

----- Original Message -----
From: Philippe Courant <accf-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Torqueflite drives only in R ! (2)

> >the neutral saftey switch would not allow the car to start would it?
> >
> Right ! But i'm not sure the neutral safety switch is connected (perhaps
> the wire is grounded as i've seen on other mopar cars with starter
> switch on "N" button ? Itsn't me who had installed the trans. and i've
> some worries about the other mechanic who did the job ..)  I've called
> the actual mechanic and tells him to verify.
> He tells me also that the car is hard to push with engine off. And as
> soon as he starts the car, a small pressure on the gas pedal drives the
> car in R whichever the push button engaged !
> Mick Maxwell here ,Phillipe I think you should try takeing the cover off
the push button assembelley , to see if thay are changeing right ,one goes
in ,one comes out .Thats the fingers of the changer.then you can also move
the cable with your hand , reach under the dash it is possible to select the
gears from here.I've done it.Hope this helps.Mine was stuck in 2nd this fix
it and a bit of wd40.Mick 58 coupe