New 66 LeBaron is home

I don't post here very much usually cause I don't have a lot to say; but, I
just got my newest Imperial home yesterday.  I bought the 66 LeBaron on ebay
in December 2002.  It was buried in snow in Putnam county,NY until the end
of March.  It had been parked by the owner and neglected for many years
outside.  I did go see the car prior to my bidding on it and eventually
winning it.  It is a black LeBaron with black painted roof(no vinyl) and
gold all leather interior with dual A/C.  It has no tilt/tele wheel just a
regular column.  It has Am/Fm and it had a passenger side outside mirror
that has since been removed.  The car was towed to my house and I had it
towed to my local mechanic who got it running and got the brakes to work
again.  It seems the rear wheel cylinders and shoes were taken out many
years ago and never were put back in so there was no fluid in the system.
He closed off the rear brake line with a cap and I can stop the car on only
front brakes.  I don't have any intention of driving it on the road this way
but al least I can move the car around under its own power.  The body is
really a bad state of rust and the bottoms of the front doors are open at
the bottom.  The drive train and interior are in pretty good overall shape
considering the neglect of sitting outside for many years.  A lot of water
has accumulated inside and the rugs are garbage and so is most of the trim.
I will probably end up parting out my first car with this one.  But, since I
have another one many parts will find a good home.  This is the 3rd 66
LeBaron I have owned, the second black one.  My other LeBaron is silver.  I
sold another black 66 LeBaron a few years ago to a gentleman in NJ who is
actively restoring the car now.  The main reason I bought the new LeBaron is
the front seats in my silver car are not Imperial front seats, they are out
of a NY'er.  The gold leather seats in the new black car are the proper 66
LeBaron leather seats I have been looking for for 11 years.  I look forward
to meeting the guy in NJ who is restoring two 66 convertibles one of these
days.

Dave Brown
64 Crown Coupe
(2) 66 LeBarons