Gas Tank Reairable?

Fellow Imperial Lovers,
     It is has been awhile since I needed help, but
something always manages to go wrong with a car that
is rapidly approaching a  40th Anniversary. My 1966
Imperial convertible has developed what appears to be
a pin hole leak at the bottom of the gas tank. I say
"a" leak, as the tank is coated with undercoating and
may be hiding other leaks. The question is this: is
there a method of sealing the leak without removing
the tank? I probably know what the answer is already,
but it never hurts to ask. If the tank has to be
removed, is that a monster job? If so, how is done?
     As always, thanks for everyones help.

John