auto temp II

Ongoing saga of auto temp II in a 72 Imperial. It worked fine when I bought
it about a year ago. But then the body cracked. Found another on a Mercedes
at the junkyard. Could not believe it. So slapped that one on. Well it did
not leak and since it was winter warm air was fine. I then disassembled the
original and discovered it is not that complicated at all. The inners of the
original were in like new condition. Then I pulled the one from the Mercedes
apart as it would not give me any cold air. Well the insides of this one
were a complete disaster.Corrosion everywhere. Got moisture inside it
somewhere along the way. OK. Swap innards from original over to the Mercedes
body. Great. Now it makes cold air but will not blow except for a short
blast after I switch it from Hi Def. Also when the switch is selected to Lo
auto or Hi Auto there is a definite vacuum hiss coming from the selector
unit. I had this out also but not much you can do with it. Anyone have a
spare or know of a junker that could donate one? I think that might be my
problem. Any other ideas? I know a new aluminum servo would be nice but
money is tight right now.

Robin Giesbrecht