Correct color description

As I go through the increasingly challenging task of restoring my '59 Lebaron it never fails that someone asks a simple question that is not so simple.
Case in point. The "red" leather seats in the car were replaced (probably at different times as the front and back are not matched nor is either one original). The question I was asked is "What was the original color?" The answer "Red" doesn't seem to fly. I suppose a better description is warranted but I do not know the correct color description. I now know that the correct description for the exterior color is deep ruby and not dark red. Does anyone know the correct color description for the "red" interior?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Mel