61 STARTER stays in place

&quot;Highland Park Hummingbird&quot; to last, and that is why it is a dirty
job to get it out of a '61, or in my case a '62.<br>The bottom nut is no
problem, but the best, least profane way to get the top stud out is to remove
the autopilot from its base and move it up out of the way.  Then go in from the
top, on your belly, with your feet dangling.  Once both starter nut and stud is
free, and the wires are disconnected, pull the thing straight forward six or
eight inches until it clears the exhaust and the torsion bar and wiggle it out.
KNOW A TRICK TO REMOVE THE STARTER ON A 61.  IT HAS DUAL EXHAUST &lt;br&gt;AND
THERE ISN'T ENOUGH ROOM TO GET THE STARTER OUT.  LOOKS LI
 KE I NEED TO &lt;br&gt;REMOVE THE EXHAUST PIPE.  ANY OTHER
SUGGESTIONS?&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;-----------------
http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------&lt;br&gt;This message was sent
to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please &lt;br&gt;reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be &lt;br&gt;shared with
everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the&lt;br&gt;Administrators
should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&lt;br&gt;To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to