Please WELCOME New Member, Joseph Sokola (1956)

Please WELCOME New Member, Joseph Sokola (1956)

New Subscriber(s): Joseph Sokola
Email Address is: jsokola@xxxxxxxx
Member Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Car(s) owned: 1956 Imperial Southampton (Desert Rose)

Self-Introduction: I located my 1956 Imperial via someone at work, who, as I
mentioned my 1963 Cadillacs, responded "you should see the car in my
garage".  I eventually did see the car, and even later actually purchased
it.  The car belonged to my co-worker's parents, having originally belonged
to her mom's parents, both since deceased.  The car had sat in their garage
unmoved since 1973 (though an uncle had professed interest in it and had
even licensed it briefly in 1999).  I had the car towed out of their garage
to a shop in the Denver area (where the car was located).  The garage
refused to do any work, even though I had talked to them before bringing it
in.  In desperation, I had it towed South to Castle Rock, CO, where I have
some Cadillacs stored.  Another Imperial Club member saw it there, left his
phone number, and after a lengthy delay, I contacted him.  At the time, he
reported this on the Imperial Club list, and has periodically forwarded
pertinent discussions to me.  Earlier this summer, I finally had the car
towed the
 rest of the way to Colorado Springs, got it running (but not totally
drivable), and it is now once again stored safely indoors in a storage
facility.  I have previously listed my car with the Registry, and have now
finally decided to join the Imperial Club list.  I have acquired a large
assortment of literature and parts via ebay, including some from other
Imperial Club members.  I still need some other parts, and have some
questions as well, but for now I'll leave this introduction as is.  Thank
you for your interest.