From: "John Harvey" <50scars@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: IML: water leak

I call it the vent plenum.  It does let fresh air into the car.  It is
supposed to have a couple drains, but they do get plugged. However, that
isn't your problem.  It is remotely possible that the seals where your
windshield wiper parts pass through are bad.  If so, you are lucky.  These
are relatively easy to fix, although while you are laying under there trying
to do it, you will exercise your vocabulary.
      I would bet money that your have a rust hole in there somewhere.  Try
laying on the floor and have someone spary water in there to see where it
comes from.  You may end up  removing a bunch of stuff to be able to pack
something up from the under side to fill the hole.  It may be at a panel
joint, which is a lot like chasing a roof leak.   I am pretty sure that you
will not be able to reqch it from the top side.

John
  -----