At the car wash (not a old song)Part 2

Hey Rodger;

   I just HAD to chime in on this one!!  I am a professional car washer at
the local car wash with 16 years expierence.  I think what happened to your
Imperial is just absolutly terrible!  I have worked at my place of
employment for all those years and not once have I seen paint blown off a
car.  That leads me to believe that the owner of that particular
establishment needs to take more care and pay more attention to how much
pressure they are running through that power gun.  We run ours at only 1100
psi. and wide fan nozzle that can barely rinse of your hands,  let alone
blow paint off the car.
   On the defense of the professional Car Wash industry,  one would be
amazed to see how many things that the general public is so quick to blame
the car washer for.  There is great time and money spent in the design of
these systems to be as gentle on your  car (if not more so) as washing it at
home.  We have had people come in and try to tell us that the scrathes came
form the wash and they demand it to be fixed when it is obviously not our
fault.  You can tell by the way the scratches run if we in fact did do the
damage.  We get people telling us that we shorted out their radios for
crying out loud!  I think that the car wash industry has been dealt a cruel
blow in today's society and that people shoudl not be soo afraid of them.  I
have five cars that are ran through at least twice a week and I have never
gotten any damage from there and my father washes his  $52,000 2003 Cadillac
at least twice a week as well. All that I am saying is that more care should
be taken by owners of these places to ensure that all the equiptment is all
the proper specs and make sure that the attendants are properly trained to
do the job

    Any how it sounds to me that you are more upset with his insurance
company than the Car Wash.  I hope that i did not upset you,  I am just
telling my story on this one.  Because of all the bad rumors floating around
out there of damage at the car wash, poeple like me are losing out on added
clientel that woudl have otherwise visited the Car Wash..  After all
everyone has to have a job and I have to eat too..:)

                                                                       Tony
Fortner

69 Imperial Coupe
71 Imperial 4 door