Radio Repair Shop

Rich Woolf (of American Station Wagon Owners' Association fame -- Rich organized the spectacular annual convention last June) was looking for a radio repair guy, and here's my experience:

George Found
Grandpa's Radio Shop (he's not the Grandpa, he just works on your Grandpa's radios (and TVs - pre-1960 only)
26 Queenston Crescent
Kitchener, Ontario N2B 2V5

519-576-2570

George has done radios for me for two 1961 Cadillacs, a 1958 New Yorker Town & Country, a 1968 Chrysler Town & Country and a 1958 Packard Coupe. On the '58 Packard, George even turned the yellowed plastic buttons back to their original white, with some pretty delicate sanding.  On the '58 Chrysler, George left his booth at the Canadian equivalent of Hershey and walked with me to the opposite side of the flea market to confirm my suspicion that I had just discovered the correct 7-button Electro-Touch tuner for the '58 Chrysler, which he took home to rebuild for me, so I could do a "hot-swap" later. He's also rebuilt a few speakers for me, when needed.

The 1968 Imperial convertible that I just purchased (yes, Virginia, there IS some Imperial content) has an inoperative radio, though the factory 8-track works great, so George will be doing that one for me, over the winter.

So, Rich, I can highly recommend George's services and if you prefer to send it to me, I'd be happy to take it to George's shop for you, since I'm going there anyway. (He has an amazing collection of early radios and pre-war TVs, and phones that go back to the wooden ones, so a visit there is always interesting.)

Dick Woodside