Firestone 721s/ Dimension IV's

I purchased my last set of Firestone 721's in 1997 and put them on my 1980
Lincoln Bill Blass Mark VI. Shortly after that I needed one replacement tire
and was told that they were no longer available. The Goodyear Arriva went away
in 1992.

I have found an equivelent tire called a Dimension IV which I believe is made
by Bridgestone/Firestone or possibly B.F. Goodrich. I have two sets of them on
two of my more modern cars, the '81 and '84 Buick Park Avenues, and have worn
out a set on the '81. The tires have the same white wall as the Firestone 721,
and seem to be as good or better in quality.  The set that I wore out lasted
for 61,000 miles with out any trouble.

When I replaced that set in September 2002, the tire store told me that they
were GOING to be discontuned, but I have run into some guys with older cars
that have purchased them since then, so they may still be avalable.

Once the Dimension IV is gone, I am not sure where I will turn. I was told that
Yokohama makes an equivilent tire, but I haven't been sold on their quality.
More to come I am sure!

Paul