Gimmickry and Gadgetry

Hello List!

There have been a number of posts on the List lately regarding swivel seats.  This morning I mentioned my experience with swivel seats and in another post I wrote about a very useful gadget in another make of car I own.  My apologies to the List for mentioning another make!  Had I not been pressed for time this morning, I would have added to that (other make) post with an idea I got while reading about the swivel seats.  The idea is this:  In the last day and a half of 2003, I thought it might be kind of fun for the members of the List to write with their experiences and or knowledge of gimmicks and gadgets down thru the 20th century that helped sell (kill sales of) our Imperials.  I guess it would be out of the question for the IML moderators to allow mention of gadgets and gimmicks from other makes.  But the gadgetry of Imperials and Chryslers alone could certainly generate some interesting emails.  How about it List?  Does anybody have any interesting stories to share or just want to mention some of the gadgets that have lured us into the showrooms and helped get us to sign on the dotted line!

Greg McDonnell
'65 Imperial convertible
Other makes