STEERING COLUMN COUPLER

Hello again,
    I am removing the power steering box from my 67
Dodge Coronet.  It has the same coupler attaching the
steering box shaft to the steering column as shown in
the FSM of my 1969 IMPERIAL COUPE.  My problem is, I'm
not sure how to get it off.  It's a simple rectangular
block fitting over both shafts, with no visible  way
to tighten or loosen.  It does have a hollow pin
runnning thru one side of it, which the  manual shows
as coming out.  Am I supposed to drive out this pin
while the box is still attached to the steering shaft?
 The manual only says to "remove the block."  It seems
that I could cause damage by tapping the pin out.
Anyone with experience here?

Thanks
Bruce