From: Randy Martin <TheKarFixr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 26, 2004 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: IML: RIGHT HAND LUG BOLTS/STUDS----A BETTER WAY FOR BILL

From: "Dick Benjamin" <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>
OK, Bill, but be a little wary.  Those left handed lug nuts were there for a
> reason.

 I am curious.. Could you elaborate on what the reason was that Chrysler used Left-handed lug studs and nuts on the left side?  Does anyone know if GM or Ford did this during those years?  Thanks!
Randy
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 5:47 PM

Here's what I did Dick.
Everything is in good condition, wheels are straight (no wobbles, lateral runout) lug bolts & nuts are new on drivers side & when bias ply tires are rotated each wheel is torqued to 95 lbs., & I watch the entire activity on all 4 wheels.
I considered the yellow paint inside each wheel cover but two things changed my mind: 1-most of these guys are on a dead run all the time & pay no attention to any thing.
2-being the former owner of a Hub Cap, Wheel Cover & OEM factory steel wheel Store I always remove & install my own wheel covers so they wouldn't see the writing any way.
I made the change 5 years ago last august & have never found any variation in the lug nuts on either side of the car using my torque wrench which I also take to the tire shop for them to use.
We've been on 3 or 4 car club multi day cruises in northern California & all were mountain runs with no problems, all this since the change over. Our 1956 Imperial is next.
I'm happy with it & will post any future problem.
Bill & Jan McPheeters, Shaver Lake, Ca