From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Watch for the Big "L"

> Geez,
>
> I know that there are a lot of young kids out there working in the shops,
but the left handed threads have a great big "L" stamped right on them. If
the guys in the shop can't see that, they shouldn't be working on cars.

janshaverlake@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > There is another way.
> > My tire shop screwed up Left Hand Lug Bolts on my 56 Dodge & the Manager
who wrote the order wrote "left hand lugs nuts on drivers side" at my
request then got busy & failed to tell the worker to remember the left hand
threads on the drivers side, ruining one wasn't enough so the worker ruined
all five on the front wheel before telling his Boss he couldn't get the nuts
off.
> > We got that worked out & he offered to pay to have the left hand bolts
replaced if I knew where to take the drums, which I did.
> > I know the owner of the brake repair machine shop in another town & I
knew he had lug bolts, nuts & a swedging machine..........Bingo, I now have
Right hand threads on the drivers side of my 56 Dodge & will soon have the
same on the drivers side of the 56 Imperial. Cost for bolts, nuts & swedging
was $13.00 per drum.