Water pump

Thank you to all that donated there advice for my "61" for finding a water pump, I live in a small town but found a Napa parts store near by. Many of us are fortunate we have all You folks out there ready to help.
         Would love to know how many Imperials are in Calif. by year and location.And I'm sure there are many of you who would like to know that info in your own state or region. Has this been done before or are there some negatives to this idea?
             Would Like to hear your input on this if it interests you
                     Thanks      Johnl