Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 5:18 PM
Subject: IML: Two 75 Imperial Questions -- Vinyl Top Removal and Cam Profile

I bought a 75 Imperial from another list member, High Mileage [otisdavidson@xxxxxxxxx].  I am now starting to rebuild the car to use as a first class tow vehicle/nice daily driver.

I now have a custom upholstery shop in Marietta, GA that will put on an exact replica of the original top for $450.  I have used this shop before, and while they are not cheap, they are the best auto trim shop in the Atlanta area.  I just took the old top off.  What is good for getting the adhesive off after you remove the vinyl?

Also, I am going to put an RV cam in the car, if the profile is significantly different from the one that is in it.  Does anyone know what the profile and specs of the stock cam are?  Car will have a Edelbrock 750 cfm / Performer 440 manifold with HP exhaust manifolds and 2 1/4” duals and the high performance electronic ignition.  Car now has a 750 Holley that I cannot tune due to “Holley ignorance” that is way rich.  Car will not have cats as Georgia does not inspect cars over 25 years old.  Rear end will be a 3.21 sure grip.  Heaviest trailer and car combination will be less than 3 tons.  I am leaving the cylinder heads stock with a 3 angle valve job.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Henry Blair

Roswell, GA