I drag raced 2 57/58 coupes today. They're for sale.

I drag raced 2 57/58 coupes today. They're for sale.

Brad forwarded a message about a fellow on the C-body list that had a line on 2 Imps (thanks Brad).  I contacted the guy, and he knew a fellow that has a 57 coupe and a 58 coupe in San Francisco.  He wanted help ID'ing what he had and how to best sell them.

I went out and met them.  Both cars were in nice shape, but looked not unlike cars from cuba, in that there was a bit of overspray from painting and so forth, but one was pretty nice, the other just so-so.

We posed them for ebay pictures and they'll probably show up tonight (2/4/04).

They'll be starting around $3k or so.  I drove both of them, and besides having noisy exhaust, they ran well and seemed to be decent drivers.  Probably need brake adjustments due to a low pedal, but they were solid cars.

After we posed the cars, we took them out and around the block in the parking lots next to Pac Bell Park and after posing them for a side-by-side shot, we hopped in them and had an impromptu drag race.  I lost by a fender length, but was wishing that we had a cameraman for it.  It was pretty fun!

The guy has a whole stack of misc NOS parts that will also be going onto Ebay.  If you own a 57 and there's something that you jsut can't find, let me know.  There were a bunch of assorted bits and pieces, plus boxes of NOS filters, seals, lightbulbs, and all sorts of other stuff.  Like NOS torsion bars.

If you want pictures of the cars, write to me OFF-LIST at imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx and I'll send a few over, as well as the email of the seller's buddy who is listing them.  The cars will probably start at $3k each, but that may change before they are listed.  Probably worth it.  The mechanicals seem pretty new and tight.

Kenyon Wills
San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area

1973 Chrysler Imperial  --   >http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1973/Wills/index.htm

Do you Yahoo!?