Two 75 Imperial Questions -- Vinyl Top Removal and Cam Profile

Two 75 Imperial Questions -- Vinyl Top Removal and Cam Profile

Joe, It all has to do with flow dynamics. One could
try to explain it with several pages of mathematical
formulas and equations, but in plain English you need
need to visualize what is happening.
 During the combustion process the spent gases are sent
out the exhaust system under pressure in pulses.
As the pulse of gas passes down the pipe it creates
a flow which in turn creates a vacuum in the pipe
after it passes. This vacuum helps to pull the
next load of exhaust gas from the next cylinder that
fires after it. You can probably start to realize
that the length of the pipe and the timing or RPM
of this flow process is critical. The H pipe
helps to propagate this flow pattern at low RPM's
by alternating flow paths down two separate pipes.
 It is amazing how much a well tuned set of pipes
can increase the horsepower and torque of an engine.
John