Two 75 Imperial Questions -- Vinyl Top Removal and Cam Profile

Two 75 Imperial Questions -- Vinyl Top Removal and Cam Profile

Thank you all for your advice.  The engine is getting an “in car” rebuild since the cylinder walls and crank bearing surfaces measure well and look great.  I will probably use the Comp Cam that was recommended,  but with the lower rear end ratio, higher engine rpm, I may go up one step.  Putting in high volume oil pump and performance fuel pump, along with high volume water pump.   I also will be putting on the 750 electric choke Edelbrock, Mopar HP ignition, and Edelbrock Performer manifold.   I am going to go to 2 ½” dual exhaust with an ‘X” pipe and a low restriction, but quiet, set of stainless mufflers to go with HP manifolds.  The rear end is going up to 3.55 sure grip that is being totally rebuilt.  Transmission is being rebuilt with a HD kit and a Transgo (?) RV modification.

Something I am also going to add to the 4 wheel disk brakes is the BrakeGard system.  This controversial brake addition has worked very well for me in heavy vehicles.  I have them on a 68 NY and the car stops unbelievably well.  I have also had them on a motor home with 4 wheel disks and the stopping capability was nothing short of amazing.  These are a hydraulic damper that keeps the wheels from locking up.

About 3-4 months, I will post pictures.  Interior will be stock leather with Chrysler AM/FM Stereo/CB radio, XM Satellite tuner, CD Changer, extra sound insulation,   New vinyl top will be of original material.  Cost is $450.

Bet thing to clean top with that I have found is paint thinner and a scraper.  A tip:  If you buy a 4” wide paint scraper, remember that the blade is turned sharp edge in when you buy it.  I felt like the fellow who wanted to know what that noise was when he took a chain saw back to the dealer when he was disappointed with the performance and the dealer started the chainsaw.  I am going to prep and paint the top myself so that it won’t rust while I am getting the mechanicals straight.

Henry