Please Welcome Joe Amos and Joe Davis

New Subscriber(s): Joe Amos and Joe Davis
Email Address is: newportnavaho@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Norfolk, Virginia

Car(s) owned: 1964 Crown 4 door (Nassau Blue)

Self-Introduction: I have had my Imperial just over eight years, buying it
from the son of the original owner.  I looked for one for several years
before buying this one; as it was the nicest I had seen.  It has been
repainted once, and is in need of it again.  The  blue Crown in the quad ad
in the brochure section is just like mine.  Joe and I enjoy taking the car
out, and have taken it to many Lambda Car Club events.
I am the Regional Director for the Tidewater Region of this club.  In
addition to the 64, I have two Chrysler Newports (hence the email address):
a 73 Newport Navaho Coupe and a 74 Newport Custom Sedan.  I am about as much
a Chrysler fan as you can get, why not own their finest if you can?  The
Imperial is fairly well equipped, as it has air, cruise, rear defogger,
trunk release and the headlight dimmer.
I am hoping to get it painted this year (2004).  I have been told some of
the chrome trim is difficult to remove; something I would like to do.  The
car runs very well, I have had virtually no trouble with it.  I am not one
to trade or sell cars much, so I think I will have this one for awhile.
Unless there is a nice LeBaron around...  The 64 is my favorite of this
three year cycle.  I like the grille the best; the pushbuttons since they
are a Chrysler feature and the chrome on the dash. My life would be a 56,
but they are getting too expensive, I am a person of modest means.  (Why
then do I have an Imperial???) I would also like to have a 53 or 54 someday.
I have spent time on this site before joining, really enjoying the pictures
and stories of other members.  This is a great website; I am looking forward
to being a member of the group.